Fall 2016 - Spring 2017
Our organization is only as good as its volunteers. We are finding it more difficult every year to get people to volunteer their time with essential functions such as field lining, hanging / removing nets, CARE representatives, and most importantly helping with our tournament, which requires hundreds of hours of work. The tournament is our single most important fundraiser, which allows us to keep our fees low as well as offer more for your money. We need the help from our parents to continue with the success of our program.
With this, the MTSC has for its club/travel division a Work Bond. The work bond fee will be $150 per family for the combined Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 season. There will be many ways in which parents can volunteer their time to recuperate their work bond. We are hoping that everyone will assist the club with their time and few will forfeit their bond. We are not asking for a lot of time.
When registering multiple family members for the Club/Travel Program, be sure to create a Family account within GotSport.com to ensure you are only charged the work bond fee on the first child registered.
Every family will be required to work a minimum of 4 hours service to the Monroe Township Soccer Club with a minimum of 2 hours working in direct support of the Spring Tournament if they want their Work Bond fee refunded at the end of the Spring season.
There are 4 team specific functions that qualify for work bond hours, they are:
- Head Travel Coach - meets full 4 hour requirement
- Assistant Travel Coach (max 2 per team) – 3 hours awarded, 1 hour required at the tournament
- Team Manager (max 1 per team) – 2 hour awarded, 2 hours required at the tournament (unless you are the Team Tournament Liaison as well, then you will satisfy your workbond requirement)
- Team Tournament Liaison (max 1 per team) - (Volunteer and Ad Book Coordinator) - 2 hours awarded, 2 hours needed at tournament (see note above for Team Manager)
- CARE Representative (max 1 per team) - 2 hours awarded (must attend 1.5 hour (minimum CARE meeting), 2 hours required at tournament (this replaces the SAGE Representative)
Volunteering to assist your team in other ways is highly encouraged and commendable and will help your head coach and your team, but does not qualify for Work Bond hours for the club.
Majority of ways to recuperate your work bond for helping the Club are:
- MTSC Executive Board Member - meets full 4 hour requirement
- Field Maintenance (field lining, net removal and hanging) - hours as available
- Opening Day, 3v3 tournaments, special events – jobs and hours as available
- Fundraising Committee – meets full 4 hour requirement
- Spring Tournament Committee - meets full 4 hour requirement
- Spring Tournament functions include but not limited to: registration, scoring, awards, concessions, apparel, field marshall, field maintenance, runner, parking and garbage removal. Each family will be asked for their needed Tournament hours in advance, or are given an opportunity to forfeit their bond. Hours requested will be assigned a specific job at a specific time and location. While the tournament committee tries to assign jobs to a team’s parents that do not conflict with their scheduled game times that day, this cannot be guaranteed. Requests will only be granted for medical limitations indicated in advance of jobs being assigned.
Please help make our club successful!
It is the volunteer’s responsibility to properly document the hours for meeting your Work Bond requirement. The Volunteer should bring the Work Bond Form to each opportunity you participate in to be signed by a club supervisor. The Head Travel Coach can only sign off on the 4 team specific functions mentioned above.
DO NOT GIVE YOUR WORK BOND TIME-SHEET TO YOUR COACH or Team Manager! You must turn in your completed, signed work bond sheet at either the monthly general membership meeting, or by mailing it to:
Monroe Township Soccer Club, Inc. PO Box 323, Jamesburg, NJ 08831
Completed work bond forms are due no later than May 31, 2017. If you fail to submit your completed work bond form by this date, you will forfeit your work bond to the MTSC. No exceptions will be made. Work bonds can not be carried over to the following season.