Recap of the Overall Club Structure
In Town Soccer Program, previously known as Recreational Soccer – A traditional style of program, where all coaching and training is carried out by volunteer coaches. The program is specifically designed to be as low cost as possible. Games are all local with the exception of the Seniors who play in the 3M Rec League. They traditionally will play half games at home and other at locations like East Brunswick, Manalapan, Old Bridge, and East Windsor. Our recreational program at Monroe is aimed at players aged 4 years old through 17 years of age and is open to any player.
Divisions are broken down as follows:
- Shrimps – Pre K, instructional games/scrimmages
- Munchkins – Kindergarten, 3v3 or 4v4 on small fields with pug nets. No referees, coaches may not be on the field. Let the kids play and don’t focus on positions. They will figure it out.
- Juniors – 1st & 2nd Grade, 5v5 including a goalie on smaller field. Referees may be used, and coaches may not be on the field. Let the kids play and don’t focus on positions. They will figure it out.
- Intermediates - 3rd & 4th Grade, 8v8 on small sided fields with referees
- Hotshots – 5th & 6th Grade, 8v8 on small sided fields with referees.
- 3M (Middlesex, Mercer and Monmouth Counties League) – 7th to 12th grade broken in Junior 3M and Senior 3M - part of 3M Recreational League – play full sided 11v11 games.
Club Division Program, previously known as Travel Program – A program for more competitive players within the soccer club which starts at U8 and goes through to U19. Travel programs are typically slightly more expensive as they include tournaments, higher referee fees, and professional trainers.
Player Training Academy Program (PTA) – This is a new training division of Monroe Township Soccer Club. For players aged 3-14 years, who want more soccer-related education. Program follows a curriculum matrix designed to focus on the individual player. All training is carried out by a professional trainer.
- PTA Little Kickers – Program for 3-5 year old players (Recreation).
- PTA Juniors – Program for 6-7 year old players (Recreation).
- PTA Small Sided – Program for Small Sided 7-10 year old players (Travel)
- PTA Large Sided – Program for Large Sided 10-14 year old player (Travel).
- PTA Futsal – Unique winter training program.